- Parent or legal guardian* must accompany the teen to the license office to sign a permission statement.
- Pass the vision, road sign and written tests. Show proof of completion of at least 1st 6 hours of driver education classroom.
- In addition, the minimum age of the person who must accompany any instruction permit holder during the operation of the vehicle is 21 years of age.
Applicants under age 18 must hold an instruction permit or hardship license for a minimum of six months prior to issuance of a provisional Class A, B, or C driver license . During the 1st six months after attaining a Provisional License some restrictions apply.
- Only 1 passenger under age 21 who is not a family member.
- Between midnight & 5:00 a.m., driver must be accompanied by a licensed driver age 21 or above in the right passenger seat (as on Permit) UNLESS driving for school or work related reason or medical emergency.
Regular Driver’s License
Age 16 - 17
After 6 months on Provisional License with no tickets or collisions, etc., restrictions are removed.