Base MSRP Range: $21,500 to $37,500
Base Invoice Range: $19,000 to $33,000
MSRP As Tested: All
Models: F-350 single rear-wheel (SRW), F-350 double rear-wheel (DRW)
Configurations: 2-Wheel Drive SRW, 2-Wheel Drive DRW, 4-Wheel Drive SRW, 4-Wheel Drive DRW
Cab Configurations: Regular Cab 2-door, SuperCab 4-door, Crew Cab 4-door
Trim Levels: XL, XLT, Lariat
Packages: XLT Sport, Lariat King Ranch, FX4 Off-Road
Vehicle Category: Full-Size Pickup Truck
Engine Location: Front Engine
Optional 6.8-liter, Single Overhead Cam, V-10, 310-horsepower at4,250 rpm, 425 lb.-ft. torque at 3,250 rpm.
Optional 6.0-liter, turbochargeddiesel, Single Overhead Cam, V-8, 325-horsepower at 3,300 rpm, 550 lb.-ft. torque at 2,000 rpm.
Transmission As Tested:
- 5.4: 6-Speed Manual or optional 4-Speed Automatic
- 6.8: 6-Speed Manual or optional 4-Speed Automatic 5-Speed or optional 5-Speed Manual, 4-Speed or 5-Speed Automatic.
- 6.0: 6-Speed Manual or optional 4-Speed Automatic with manual-shift option.
Fuel Economy (city/hwy): Heavy duty trucks do not receive EPA ratings.
Competition: Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD, Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, Chevrolet Silverado 3500, Dodge Ram 2500, Dodge Ram 3500, GMC Sierra 1500 HD, GMC Sierra 2500, GMC Sierra 2500 HD, GMC Sierra 3500, GMC Sierra 3500 HD, Toyota Tundra
Super-size work trucks by Ford run larger than F-150 and F-250 trucks in all dimensions. Each shows a squarish macho face with chrome grille fixed below a muscular hood and bulging power dome. Super Duty trucks come in many configurations with varying wheelbases, chassis and bed lengths, cab styles, trims and powertrains. This series includes F-350, F-450 and F-550 models with Regular Cab, SuperCab and Crew Cab styles and trims of XL, XLT and deluxe Lariat. Ford's new 6.0-liter Power Stroke diesel and five-speed TorqShift automatic will be available early in 2003 for Super-Duty service. Transfer case skid plate are optional, plus there's a new color for Super-Duy -- Sonic Blue Clearcoat Metallic.
Where Built: USA
Major Options: Air conditioning, captain chairs, data displays, enhanced audio system, heated seats, heavy duty front springs, larger wheels and tires, leather upholstery, Off-Road Package, overhead console, power everything, power sunroof, rear video entertainment system, remote keyless entry, Rear-Obstacle-Detection System, security system, sliding rear window, tailgate locks.
Seating: 3 or 6
Number of Rows: 1 or 2
Crash Test Ratings: Trucks of this size are not crash tested.
IIHS Frontal Offset Crash Test: Trucks of this size are not crash tested.
Length in Inches:
- Regular Cab - 226.6
- Extended Cab with Short Bed - 231.4
- Extended Cab with Long Bed - 247.6
- Crew Cab with Short Bed - 245.8
Box Lengths in Feet: 6.75 and 8.00
Warranties: 3 years/36,000 miles bumper-to-bumper, 5 years/unlimited miles corrosion, 3 years/36,000 miles free Roadside Assistance.
Weight in Pounds:
- Regular Cab - 5,420
- Extended Cab with Short Bed - 5,601
- Extended Cab with Long Bed - 5,763
- Crew Cab with Short Bed - 5,841
Payload in Pounds:
- Regular Cab - 3,440
- Extended Cab with Short Bed - 3,215
- Extended Cab with Long Bed - 2,995
- Crew Cab with Short Bed - 2,930
Towing Capacity in Pounds 7,100 to 14,400
Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight Rating in Pounds:
- 6.0, 2-Wheel Drive - 9,900 to 11,500
- 6.0, 4-Wheel Drive - 9,900 to 12,500
Gas Tank Capacity in Gallons:
- Regular Cab - 38
- Extended Cab with Short Bed - 29
- Extended Cab with Long Bed - 38
- Crew Cab with Short Bed - 29
Destination Charge: $795