Chicago, Illinois - iExplore announced their list of Top Ten Summer World Travel Destinations for Cultural Exploration as determined by vacation purchases of its adventure and experiential travelers.
1. The Pyramids, Egypt - The largest man made structures in the world and are one of the most lasting symbols of ancient civilization.
2. Machu Picchu, Peru - Recently named one of the world's new seven wonders; this remote Inca citadel has perhaps the most dramatic setting of any ruin in the world.
3. Thailand - Thailand is a rush to traveler's senses: a bustling, exotic, and vivid culture that never ceases to amaze visitors.
4. Madagascar - Madagascar, the fourth-largest island in the world is a land unlike any other. Madagascar is an enticing destination for those who find its lack of modern conveniences, tourist infrastructure and efficient transport system an interesting proposition rather than a problem.
5. Great Wall, China - The only man made structure that can be seen from space spans more than 4,000 miles across mainland China.
6. Jerusalem, Israel - The old walled city of Jerusalem, a holy site of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, is dominated by historic sites such as the Dome of the Rock, Wailing Wall, and church of the Holy Sepulchre.
7. Taj Mahal, India - The world's most famous testament of love. This white domed mausoleum made of the finest stones in Agra, India is the finest example of Mughal architecture and Muslim art and recognized for its beauty the world over.
8. Tunisia - Tunisia, the smallest country in North Africa, has a lot to offer travelers including Mediterranean beaches, the Sahara desert, to sets from the film Star Wars.
9. Vietnam - Only in Vietnam is the past and the present encapsulated so perfectly.
10. Japan - Ancient temples and futuristic cities; mist-shrouded mountains and lightning-fast bullet trains; kimono-clad geisha and suit-clad businessmen: Japan offers all of this and more.