- Actively enrolled in driver education course OR at least 15 Â½.
- Vision & knowledge test.
Accompanied in front seat next to driver by:
- Licensed driver w/ minimum 5 years driving experience in front seat beside driver.
- Knowledge test or proof of driver education.
Age 16 - 17
- Held Instruction Permit minimum 6 months.
- Completed minimum 50 hours supervised driving practice - including 10 hours at night.
- Traffic safety education course.
- No traffic violations within 6 months of applying for the license, and no alcohol or drug offense while holding an instruction permit.
- May not drive between 1:00 a.m. & 5:00 a.m. unless supervised by licensed driver 25 or older. Driving for agricultural purposes is an exception. Restriction removed after 1 year no collisions or traffic citations.
- First 6 Months - No passengers under 20 unless members of immediate family.
- After First 6 Months - No more than 3 passengers under 20. Restriction removed after 1 year no collisions or traffic citations.
- At 18 Intermediate Driver License automatically becomes regular license
No driver education requirement if licensed at age 18.
Vision, knowledge & driving test.